Sweet and Sour Chicken. – Add all the ingredients of the sweet and sour sauce in a small bowl and give a mix. – Now add the fried chicken pieces, give a mix and continue to stir fry to coat the chicken pieces well with the sauce. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think.
The secret is in the chicken marinade, specifically using egg whites and cornstarch, which creates a super-light coating all around the chicken. It won't be a crunchy, deep fried coating. But we think it's a nice alternative, both texture-wise and weight-wise!
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sweet and sour chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
– Add all the ingredients of the sweet and sour sauce in a small bowl and give a mix. – Now add the fried chicken pieces, give a mix and continue to stir fry to coat the chicken pieces well with the sauce. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Sweet and Sour Chicken is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sweet and sour chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Get 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 6 of chicken breast.
- Take of sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
You've tasted sweet and sour chicken at the takeaway, but you can make it far better at home and it's much healthier! Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with cornstarch, dip in beaten egg. Fry until golden, crispy and cooked through.
Steps to make Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- egg and bread chicken breasts with garlic salt, pepper, and cornstarch/flour mixture.
- Fry breaded chicken breasts until brown.
- Heat vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and chicken stock in a pan. Add sugar when warm. Whisk vigorously until ketchup clumps have fully dissolved..
- Place chicken breasts in 9×13 pan. Cover with sauce and bake at 325°F for 45 min – 1 hour.
Pineapple and vinegar are the sweet and sour in this Asian-style chicken and green pepper stir fry. From classic chicken noodle soup to regional specialties, like meat and potato hot dish, these nostalgic dishes are the perfect way to enjoy the fall season. Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. My sister Anna shared this sweet and sour chicken recipe with me because her family absolutely loved it.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sweet and sour chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!