Tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet). Subscribe & check out my other videos! www.youtube.com/cookingandcraftingYou've had chicken katsu, now it's time for tonkatsu! Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish that consists of a breaded, deep-fried/tempura pork cutlet. It involves cutting the pig's back center into two-to-three-centimeter-thick slices, coating them with panko.
Tonkatsu, or pan-fried pork cutlet, has become a Japanese food favourite over the years. Everyone enjoys this dish of tender pork cutlet, breaded in golden crispy panko breadcrumbs and served on its own or famously in katsu curry. Tonkatsu is a dish in which pork is coated with flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs in that order, and then deep fried.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Subscribe & check out my other videos! www.youtube.com/cookingandcraftingYou've had chicken katsu, now it's time for tonkatsu! Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish that consists of a breaded, deep-fried/tempura pork cutlet. It involves cutting the pig's back center into two-to-three-centimeter-thick slices, coating them with panko.
Tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet) is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet):
- Prepare of For the breaded meat:.
- Prepare 1 box of pork loin or pork shoulder (contains about 4-5 pieces) or 2 chicken breasts cut in half longways (to make 4 pieces).
- Take of Salt & pepper for seasoning.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Get 2 of large eggs beaten.
- Get 1 cup of panko (Japanese breadcrumbs).
- Get of Frying the meat:.
- Prepare 4-5 cups of vegetable oil, for cooking the breaded meat.
Restaurants specializing in tonkatsu have signs with 'Tonkatsu' (pork cutlet) in Hiragana and their atmosphere and dishes are usually in the Japanese style. Tonkatsu (Deep Fried Pork): Crispy golden crust and juicy soft interior, this simple guide to making a tonkatsu will lead you to the ultimate indulgence. Tonkatsu. "pork cutlet". 豚カツ, とんかつ. [Tonkatsu with shredded cabbage that serves as a salad[. Tonkatsu is a breaded, deep-fried pork cutlet one to two centimeters thick and sliced into bite-sized pieces, generally served with finely shredded raw cabbage, rice in a bowl, miso soup and tsukemono.
Steps to make Tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet):
- Season the meat with salt and pepper on both side. Transfer onto a plate and set aside..
- In two separate baking trays place the flour in one (season with a small amount of pepper & salt – optional) and in the other the panko breadcrumbs. In a bowl gently beat the eggs..
- Take a piece of pork lion (I used pork) or half a chicken breast and fully coat it all over in the flour on both sides. Dip into the egg and let any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Then place the pork in the panko breadcrumbs and cover the meat with it on both sides (including the edges)..
- Place this on a large baking tray or plate. Repeat the steps until all the pork or chicken has been used and set aside..
- In a wok or large pot add oil for shallow frying the breaded pork. On medium heat let the oil heat up. Drop a piece of panko breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is ready. Place a piece of breaded meat into the wok. Let one side turn slightly golden brown before turning. Once brown turn over. Turn once more..
- When the meat is golden brown all over transfer onto kitchen paper placed on top of a plate or tray to allow the excess oil to drain. Repeat the process until all meat has been used and fried..
- Place one breaded meat onto a chopping board. Cut into several slices (place remaining cooked meat in the oven, on low temperature to keep warm) or leave whole..
- Transfer sliced meat onto a serving plate. Serve while hot and eat with dipping sauces such a mustard or tonkatsu sauce. Eat as a main dish with a bowl of rice or eat as part of a curry or curry gratin. See the link in bracket for my Tonkatsu or Katsu curry recipe (https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/12623111-tonkatsu-or-katsu-curry)..
Tonkatsu é um lombinho de porco frito empanado na farinha de pão. Normalmente é servido com repolho picado, como recheio de sanduíche (katsu SayfalarİşletmelerSeyahat ve TaşımacılıkSeyahat AcentasıTaste this townVideolarTonkatsu is a breaded, deep fried pork cutlet. After frying, hold Tonkatsu vertically for a few seconds to drain excess oil. Set it on top of rack or paper towel to cooll for a few minutes before slicing. Tonkatsu breaded pork cutlet japanese food.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food tonkatsu (breaded deep fried pork cutlet) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!