Katsu Curry. Katsukarē (カツカレー) is a Japanese dish consisting of a pork cutlet (tonkatsu) served with a portion of Japanese rice and curry. It is served on a large plate and is typically eaten using a spoon or fork. Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet.
Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. I have used a store-bought block of Japanese curry roux which is commonly used in Japanese households. This dish has been made famous in the UK by the restaurant Wagamama and now we're sharing with you how to make it for yourself!
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, katsu curry. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Katsukarē (カツカレー) is a Japanese dish consisting of a pork cutlet (tonkatsu) served with a portion of Japanese rice and curry. It is served on a large plate and is typically eaten using a spoon or fork. Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet.
Katsu Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Katsu Curry is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook katsu curry using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Katsu Curry:
- Take of Katsu curry sauce.
- Take 2 of medium onions.
- Get 3 of small-medium carrots.
- Get 100 g of flour for the sauce.
- Take 1 Tablespoons of Garam masala.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Curry powder.
- Get 1 Teaspoon of Garlic powder/3 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 600 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Honey.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- Take To taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take of Breaded chicken.
- Prepare 700 g of Chicken.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 100 g of Flour.
- Make ready 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of bread crumbled.
- Take of White rice.
- Make ready 60 g of Rice per person.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
The secret to Wagamama's signature chicken katsu curry is the combination of curry powder, turmeric, chicken stock, coconut milk, and soy sauce, along with onions, garlic, and ginger. Chicken katsu curry is an absolute favourite – traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish Origins of Japanese curry Curry came to Japan from India via British military officers, which is why Katsu curry. Japanese chicken katsu curry is the ultimate comfort dish! Katsu Curry is a popular Japanese curry served with sticky Japanese rice and topped with a crispy breaded cutlet called "katsu".
Instructions to make Katsu Curry:
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Chop the onions and carrots and add to saucepan and sweat for 10 minutes.
- While the carrots/onions are cooking, butterfly and pound the chicken to flatten it to roughly 1cm thickness.
- Turn the 2-3 slices of bread to breadcrumbs (use a food processor/manually crumble).
- Place the flour in a bowl, the two raw beaten eggs in a bowl and the breadcrumbs in a final bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then coat the chicken in flour, then egg then breadcrumbs then place on a foil lined baking tray and place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, garam masala, curry powder, soy sauce and honey to the carrot and onions and stir in. Once added, slowly add and stir the chicken stock to create the sauce. Allow to thicken over time..
- Cook the rice in boiling water and align the rice cooking time to the end of the 45 minute breaded chicken cooking time.
- Once the rice has cooked, the chicken is crispy brown and the sauce has thickened, strain the rice, chop the chicken fillets into slices and plate up adding the sauce on top. Enjoy!!.
Chicken Katsu Curry from Gizzi Erskine's Kitchen Magic. Recreate your Wagamamas favourite and make katsu curry at home. This Japanese-inspired curry is a decadent treat with its fried, breaded. "Katsu curry is super-delicious and is one of Japan's most popular dishes. Its heart is Indian spices, which were brought through the spice trade to Britain, where we manufactured our first curry powder. Take the tin of coconut cream and add it to a small pan.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food katsu curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!