Margherita Pizza. Browse The Menu & Order Your Favourites with Menulog. Meanwhile, to make the tomato sugo, in a saucepan over medium heat, gently fry the onions in a drizzle of olive oil until completely softened. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
Not to be confused with Margarita. Pizza Margherita (more commonly known in English as Margherita pizza) is a typical Neapolitan pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, salt, and extra-virgin olive oil. Come in and taste the different and true flavour of Traditional Italian style Woodfire oven pizza and fresh pasta all made in-house.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, margherita pizza. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Margherita Pizza is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Margherita Pizza is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Browse The Menu & Order Your Favourites with Menulog. Meanwhile, to make the tomato sugo, in a saucepan over medium heat, gently fry the onions in a drizzle of olive oil until completely softened. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have margherita pizza using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Margherita Pizza:
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- Make ready of Parmesan cheese.
- Get 1 of large tomato.
- Make ready leaves of Fresh basil.
- Prepare of Basil (spice shaker).
- Prepare of Oregano (spice shaker).
- Get 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- Get 1 pinch of black pepper.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of super thin storebought pizza crust.
Takeaway or dine in at our Licensed Restaurant. For our pizza we use the finest authentic Italian pizza flour, hand stretched dough, famous sweet Italian San Marzano tomatoes for our base sauce, quality cheese, locally made small goods, hand cut fresh ingredients. Margherita pizza is a thin-crust Naples-style pizza topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. It's easy to make at home, and you don't need a fancy oven or even a pizza stone to get pizzeria-quality results.
Instructions to make Margherita Pizza:
- I didn't include prep in the cooking time. That being said, I got the sauce ready a couple hours before hand and let it sit in the fridge. I think that really helps the flavor and the sauce is VERY important to this dish. I also set about 6 of the basil leaves out to dry a bit. Ok first step. The sauce!.
- There's a neat trick to making a unique tomato sauce and it's perfect for this recipe. Cut your tomato in half so you have the top as one half and the bottom as the other. Now clean out all the crevices where the snotty textured slime is that holds the seeds. I just used the knife I cut the tomato with. Then use the spray nozzle on your sink to get it all nice n clean. Now, holding the exposed innards out, grate it like a piece of cheese. That's right, grate the tomato on a cheese grater. All the inner parts. You should be left with only the skin of the tomato. Do both halves of the tomato into a bowl. Dispose of the skins. Now add your spices, olive oil, balsamic and minced garlic. Stir well. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours..
- Crumble your mozzarella into chunks. After that I drizzled a bit of olive oil onto them and sprinkled a bit of oregano. Now we build the pizza..
- Spoon the sauce evenly over your pizza crust leaving about an inch on the edge. You should've gotten the perfect amount from 1 large tomato. Evenly distribute the mozzarella chunks. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Now tear up the 6 basil leaves you set aside earlier into smaller pieces and distribute them evenly. This is how mine looked pre oven..
- Set a pizza pan on the middle rack and preheat the oven to 475. (If I had a pizza stone I would've used that, but I don't). Slide the pizza onto the preheated pan and cook for 10 mins. Be careful not to burn yourself sliding the pizza in (I did haha) Remove from oven. Place a full basil leaf on each slice, cut and enjoy. Like I said, I'm a meat guy. I've never tried this because there's no meat on it but MAN it was good! It's that sauce and fresh basil that does it. There are definitely more involved ways of making a margherita pizza but this is quick, easy and so so good..
I use a rich homemade pizza dough, a blazing hot oven, and a sheet pan to produce a crisp yet chewy pizza crust. There's no rising time with this easy Margherita pizza recipe! Simply create the base using two ingredients and get the family to add their own toppings. Mix water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir half the flour mixture into yeast mixture until no dry spots remain.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food margherita pizza recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!