Whole Wheat Pizza. Food Delivered Straight To Your Door. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Using whole wheat pizza dough takes your pizza to a whole new level.
This whole wheat pizza dough is light, tender, with a slight crunch to its chewy texture. It is full of flavor and so good. You have to try it to believe it.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, whole wheat pizza. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Whole Wheat Pizza is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Whole Wheat Pizza is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Food Delivered Straight To Your Door. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Using whole wheat pizza dough takes your pizza to a whole new level.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have whole wheat pizza using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat Pizza:
- Make ready of For whole wheat pizza dough;.
- Make ready 3 cups of whole wheat flour (atta) OR 360 grams whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1.1/25 cups of water or add as required.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoon of instant yeast Or 2 teaspoon dry active yeast.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Take of some whole wheat flour for dusting.
- Prepare of For tomato pizza sauce:.
- Take 3 of medium to large tomatoes, pureed – yields approx 1.5 to 2 cups of tomato puree, the tomatoes also can be blanched and chopped or crushed.
- Make ready 4-5 of medium sized garlic cloves (lahsun) – finely chopped.
- Get 1-1.5 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil leaves OR 1 to 1.5 teaspoon dry basil.
- Take 1-1.5 teaspoon of dry oregano OR 1 to 1.5 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano.
- Take 1 tablespoon of red wine (optional).
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper or add as required.
- Take 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Make ready of salt and black pepper as required.
- Get of For pizza toppings:.
- Make ready 6-8 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Get 1 of small to medium onion – chopped in ½ inch squares.
- Take 1 of small to medium bell pepper – chopped in ½ inch squares (capsicum or shimla mirch).
- Prepare 1 of small to medium tomato – chopped ½ inch squares.
- Take 1/2-2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese or as required.
- Make ready of some olive oil for brushing.
In a large bowl, combine lukewarm water, yeast and honey. Add in the olive oil, whole wheat flour and salt stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, on a floured surface, form the dough into a ball. This thick crust features a touch of honey and a long overnight rise to bring out all the nuances of flavor.
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Pizza:
- Making whole wheat pizza dough: take 1 cup water in a mixing bowl and lightly warm it. just warm and not hot. the temperature should be around 40 to 43 degrees celsius. then add 1/4 tsp sugar and stir so that the sugar dissolves. add 1.5 tsp instant yeast..
- Stir so that the yeast dissolves. if using dry active yeast, then add 2 tsp of it. stir and keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes till the mixture has frothed and bubbled up. here since we have used instant yeast, we don't need to proof the soluti.
- Add 1 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. for dry active yeast, add the flour, olive oil and salt after the yeast solution has bubbled. mix everything with a spoon or spatula. then add 1 cup of flour. again mix. lastly add remaining 1 cup flour and continue to mix and then begin to knead..
- Here since we have used instant yeast, we don't need to proof the solution and proceed to the next step immediately after stirring the yeast..
- I kneaded the dough for about 8 minutes. now rub some olive oil all over the dough and keep it in the same pan. cover with a kitchen towel and allow the pizza dough to leaven for an hour or two..
- For ease of kneading, i divided the dough into two parts and kneaded both of them separately. then later joined them together and kneaded again. the dough has to be kneaded really well till it's soft and pliable. add more water if required while kneading..
- Heat olive oil in a small pan. then add the chopped garlic and saute for 10-12 seconds on a low flame. add the tomato puree and saute for 4-5 mins on a low to medium flame. if using red wine, then you can add it once the tomatoes are cooked..
- If you have added dry active yeast, then increase the time to 1:30 minutes to 2:30 hours, depending on the temperature conditions. so when the dough is leavening, prep up the other ingredients like chopping veggies, grating cheese and preparing pizza sauce.
- Bake whole wheat pizza for 12 to 15 minutes till the cheese had melted or has golden specks. for a crisp crust, you can also bake for a longer time. since oven temperature vary, do keep a check while baking the pizza. for baking pizza in convection mode, use the same temperature that you preheated your oven at – 200 or 220 degrees celsius..
- Preparing pizza sauce: rinse and then chop the tomatoes. puree the tomatoes in a blender or with a hand blender. keep a few bits and pieces of tomatoes in the puree. you can also blanch the tomatoes and then chop or crush them..
- When the tomatoes are cooked, add the chopped basil, dry oregano, salt and pepper. stir & simmer for 1-2 minutes on a low to medium flame. check the seasonings add more salt or pepper if required. once cooled, use the pizza sauce as a topping on pizzas or store in a bowl or in a small jar..
- Baking whole wheat pizza: keep the baking tray in the center rack of the preheated oven with both the top and bottom heating rods on..
- Once golden and baked,slice and serve hot..☺👍.
It hardly needs kneading or rising time. You can make this pizza in less than the amount of time it would take for pizza delivery. Line a baking dish with aluminium foil and keep it aside. After the resting time, the whole wheat pizza dough will get more than doubled in size. Punch it down and divide into three equal portions.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food whole wheat pizza recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!