Real Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, real pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Real Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Real Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have real pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Real Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust:
- Take of Pumpkin Puree:.
- Make ready 2 1/2 lb of sugar pumpkin.
- Get 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of allspice.
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of cloves.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Take of Crust:.
- Prepare 7 ounces of gingersnap cookies.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Take 1 1/2 ounce of or 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
- Make ready of Filling:.
- Prepare 16 ounces of Pumpkin Puree.
- Make ready 1 cup of half-and-half.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Make ready 2 of large eggs.
- Make ready 1 of large egg yolk.
Steps to make Real Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust:
- Raw Pumpkin Prep (GO TO STEP 6, IF USING CANNED PUMPKIN): Heat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- Cut the sugar pumpkin into 8 wedges. Use a paring knife or spoon remove all of the seeds and pulp..
- Sprinkle the flesh with kosher salt and lay the halves, flesh side down, on a parchment paper-lined half sheet pan. Roast until a paring knife can be easily inserted and removed from the pumpkin, 30 to 45 minutes. Test in several places to ensure doneness..
- Remove the half sheet pan to a cooling rack and cool the pumpkin for 1 hour. Using a large spoon, remove the roasted flesh of the pumpkin from the skin..
- Process until the flesh is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months..
- Crust: Combine the gingersnaps, brown sugar, and ginger in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cookies are fine crumbs. Drizzle the butter into the crumb mixture. Pulse 8 to 10 times to combine..
- Press the gingersnap mixture into the bottom, up the sides, and just over the lip of a 9-inch glass pie dish. Place on a half sheet pan and bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool crust at least 10 minutes before filling..
- Pumpkin Puree: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- Add 16 ounces (455 g) of the pumpkin to a bowl, along with the cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, and salt. Stir to combine..
- Spread the pumpkin puree mixture evenly on Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove the pumpkin mixture from the heat and cool for 10 minutes..
- Filling: Add Pumpkin Puree to a food processor, along with half-and-half, dark brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk. Puree until very smooth, 6-8 minutes..
- Pour the prepared filling into the warm pie crust and bake on the same half sheet pan until the center jiggles slightly but the sides of the filling are set, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack for at least 2 to 3 hours before slicing. Pie can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Pie is best the day after it is made..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food real pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!